These resources are intended to help you. Note that we are still compiling all of our information and data, but the information below is a start! We will be adding more in the future. We do not have any affiliation with the other services/authors (unless noted).
Writing (and Business/Publishing) Resources
- Writing for Theater and Film: https://www.theaterseatstore.com/blog/writing-for-theater-film
- Booklicious (Reading/Literacy/Grammar): https://booklicious.net/
- Dean Wesley Smith: https://deanwesleysmith.com/
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch: http://kriswrites.com
- Writing Careers: The Business Behind Becoming an Author/ZenBusiness: https://www.zenbusiness.com/info/writing-careers/
Indie Publishing Resources
The following authors have successfully self-published and offer resources on their respective websites. Some have even created businesses around training authors!
- Joanna Penn of The Creative Penn: http://www.thecreativepenn.com/
- Mark Dawson’s Self-Publishing Podcast: https://selfpublishingformula.com/spf-podcast/
- Six Figure Authors Podcast: https://6figureauthors.com/
- Author Audience Academy with Shelley Hitz: http://www.authoraudienceacademy.com/; http://www.trainingauthors.com
- Authority Pub with Steve Scott, Barrie Davenport and Ron: http://authority.pub/
- Steve Scott: http://www.selfpublishingquestions.com/
- Tom Corson-Knowles: http://www.tckpublishing.com/
- Nick Stephenson: http://www.yourfirst10kreaders.com/
Book Promotion Resources
If you are an author and are curious about other potential platforms to advertise with, we recommend the following based on personal experience: (unusual to receive help like this? Yes. But giving you the best service is our #1 goal! We find that “promotion stacking” over a course of a few days works best).
- BookWerm (this site!): http://bookwerm.com/authors
- BookLemur: http://www.booklemur.com/
- FreeBooksHub: http://www.freebookshub.com/authors/
- The Fussy Librarian: http://www.thefussylibrarian.com/for-authors/
- Reading Deals: http://readingdeals.com/
- Freebooksy: http://freebooksy.com
- BargainBooksy: http://bargainbooksy.com
- Ebookhounds: http://www.ebookhounds.com/
Tip: One of the best ways to promote your author brand/books is to publish the next book!
- Lisa Kardos (founder of BookWerm): http://optimizebooks.com/ (Personal note from Lisa: this is one of our sister sites. My website is not necessarily about self-publishing, but it does focus on how to be successful.)
To Be Continued…